SoLong 6 - Sil-Poly fabric
Designed for the ‘BIG & TALL’. The SoLong 6 is SO Long, that hikers over 6’8” will fit comfortably in this tent. There is so much room in this tent that 2 ‘regular size’ people can share it.
Made in the USA
US Patent No.8555908
- 3-season, fully enclosed, roomy 1+ person.
- Weight 2 lbs., (before seam sealing), Floor Area - 30 sq. ft.
- 45 inches of head room, 100 inches long, 55 inches wide in the center, tapers to 30 inches at each end.
- Imported fabric - silicone coated both sides, 20D micro ripstop polyester with hydrostatic head over 3500mm. 1.1oz / sq. yd. (after coating).
- Colors (tent/floor) - Steel Blue/Silver, Silver/Steel Blue, Woodland Camo/Coyote.
- Hybrid single/double wall design.
- Two large side entry doors with 2-way zippers.
- Two large ridge vents.
- One pocket.
- Awning fly with zipper on front. Standard fly with zipper on back.
- 8 inch bathtub floor.
- All seams double stitched. Corners are boxed off with 10 inch carbon fiber stays that are sewn into the corners.
- LineLocs™ on all 4 corners for precision tensioning of tent.
- Includes ridge pole, matching stuff sack and reflective tie-out cords.
- Velcro tabs for ridge pole.
- Utilizes a pair of trekking/tent poles, 130 cm +, for setup (not included).
- Requires 6 stakes.
- The lateral ridge pole connecting the inverted trekking/tent poles allows the entire headroom height to be usable space and makes the tent very stable under wind loads.
- Requires seam sealing prior to use.
- Camouflage version only has non-reflective (solid black) webbings and non-reflective tie out cord.
- Stakes and awning pole sold separately.
- Optional tent poles sold separately.
- Optional orange zipper pulls sold separately.
- Stake out the 4 corners of the tent keeping the floor slightly taut. Make sure sides are squared off and parallel.
- Unzip the mesh door and sit inside on the floor of the tent with the ‘ceiling’ of the tent on top of your head.
- Place both trekking poles extended to between 120 cm and 125 cm handle first into the tent in front of you. Insert one trekking pole tip into one side of the ridge pole.
- Holding the ridge pole in one hand, raise it to ceiling, while sliding the handle of the trekking pole into position in the center of the side wall panel of the tent. There is Velcro to secure the ridge pole in place.
- Slip the second trekking pole tip into the other end of ridge pole and while still holding the ridge pole at the ceiling, slide the second trekking pole handle to its position.
- Extend both trekking poles to about 130 cm so that the tent body is taut. Make sure the ridge pole is centered in the ceiling and secured in place with velcro.
- Step out of the tent and adjust the Line Locks at the 4 corners as needed so that the corners are standing upright and there is no slack in the end walls of the tent.
- Now stake out the fly using the tie out cords provided. The fly will not come all the way down to the ground. It should be 4 inches off the ground to allow airflow under the fly.
- In a heavy rain or high humidity, silnylon will have a tendency to stretch and sag a little. This is normal, you can extend the hiking poles a little to tighten the tent and/or re-stake the tent.
- For the AWNING, place the tip of the awning pole in the grommet at the tip of the awning, and adjust the placement of the pole so the awning is taut. There is a tie out loop with a line lock at the tip of the awning that will need to be staked out.
- To lower the awning for 'storm mode’ remove the awning pole (do not remove the stake to the tie out cord for the awning) and attach a small carabiner to the loop of the line lock, (at the tip of the awning) and the 2 loops that are about 18 inches from the tip of the awning. Tighten the tie out cord going to the tip of the awning so that the fly is now folded and the awning looks the same as the regular fly side.
- There is a small loop at the top of the awning, and an elastic cord with a toggle on the underside of the awning, you can roll the awning up for full views and ventilation by securing the toggle to the loop on the outside of the tent.
- Use: 3 Season
- Style: Hybrid -Double/Single wall
- Sleeps: 1 or 2
- Weight: 2 lb.
- Head Room: 45 in.
- Pockets: 1
- Doors: 2
- Ridge Vent: 2
- Floor Area: 30 Sq. Ft.
- Vestibules: (2) 5.4 Sq. Ft.
- Floor Dimensions: L - 100 in. W - 55 in. in center and tapers to 30 in. at each end.
- Material: 3500 mm hydrostatic head waterproof fabric, 1.1 oz silicone impregnated ripstop polyester (silpoly)
- Pole Length: ~ 130cm.
- Stakes Required: 6