Hiking Skirts for Women and Men
Originally crafted for women, our designs also serve as hiking skirts for men. Hiking skirts with pockets provide equal opportunities to all who enjoy hiking, backpacking, and camping. Hiking skirts provide easy ventilation on the trail. The length provides modesty, while the a-line flare will not encumber your stride.
Let’s talk about the pockets - all 6 of them. Every size skirt from XS to 3XL has the same size pockets. Hiking skirt pockets are meant to make your trail experience better - by providing quick and easy access to items you need: phones, cameras, snacks, trail maps, and more. That is why regardless of what size you choose, the pockets remain the same size and will accommodate the same cargo load. After all, hiking skirts for men and women should have the same sized pockets!
Versatility and Functionality
Add layers to create a 4-season hiking skirt with pockets. Many of our customers add leggings for warmth in the fall and winter. Lightweight undershorts are a great addition to hiking skirts for men and women alike.
And let’s be honest, one of the best reasons to wear a skirt when backpacking is for the ease of relieving oneself off the trail. The long skirt and a-line flair allows for modesty when popping a squat.
Hiking Skirt and Pocket Specs
Custom hem lengths are available for black, blue, green, sandalwood, and gray skirts. Printed skirts are limited in quantity.
About the fabric:
- Purple, sandalwood, and gray skirts are 100% nylon, ripstop, and cottony soft fabric.
- Black, green, and midnight blue skirts are 100% 4-ply nylon Taslan material.
- Printed skirts are a polyester lycra blend.
- 6 pockets total
- 2 large cargo pockets fit guide books, maps, snacks, camera, etc - 7.5" x 8.5"
- 2 cell phone pockets hiding behind cargo pockets. Fits large cell phones - 6.5" x 8.5"
- 2 front hand pockets - 10” deep
- Quick drying.
- Light durable water resistant (DWR) coating so water will bead up and roll off.
- Fire-retardant-free - no flame retardant coatings.
- Flat, smooth waistline to avoid bunching and rubbing under a backpack.
- Fly front zipper closure.
- An optional middle hem snap provides further modesty if desired.
- Standard hem length 19”.
- 2X & 3X sizes have elastic in the waistband.
- Made in North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Machine wash warm.
- Tumble dry.
- Iron as needed.